Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Proper Long Run Hydration Video

One last article on proper hydration from a physician with the American College of Sports Medicine Greater New York. Dr. Lewis G. Maharam, MD believes you just need to drink when you are thirsty. There is more danger from over-hydration than getting dehydrated. Here’s his video webcast:
http://aahperd.healthology.com/hybrid-player/hybrid-autodetect.asp?f=fitness&c=fitness_hydration&b=aahperd&spg=NIP&bhcp=1

So, what to do? For me it means taking some sports drink with me on my longer runs and try not to worry too much about it.

Today, a started one of my speed exercises. This one is “Thirds.” 5 miles where the first 1/3 is easy, next 1/3 is a good pace, and the final 1/3 is a fast pace. I averaged 8:53 and the last couple of miles were at 8:12. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home