Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Running Hard, Staying Hydrated

I know you are not supposed to look at individual training days and try to read any improvement conclusions into it, but I can't help myself.  Today was a good day.  I still am on my quest for the 3:30 finish at Chicago.  Now in stage 3 (http://marathonquest.blogspot.com/2007/08/speed-work-begins-looking-scary.html) of my plan to carve another 12 minutes off, I still have a long way to go.  
Today, I had another Interval day.  Will I ever enjoy an interval day?  I think I certainly enjoyed looking at the results.  After 3 anaerobic training days spread out over the past week or so, my pace today was under 7:30/mile.   To put this in perspective, my training pace today was faster than any race in which I have competed over 5 miles.  Today's run was 9 miles with 6 of those on the track. The 6 miles on the track was under 7:00/mile.  My plan seems to be working.  Here's the whole plan:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home