Saturday, September 01, 2007

A Balanced Prescription for Light Recovery

It’s been an interesting week of recovery & training.  It’s been a light week in terms of miles.  On Sunday I tested myself on an 8 mile tempo run.  The leg felt better, but still tight.  On Monday, water running again.  Tuesday was a day at the track and 6 x 800 intervals.  It was a good hard run.  Wednesday I was back at the track and light sprints.  Unfortunately, the leg felt tight again.  A little water running in the evening seemed to do the trick.  Thursday, I was back in Fort Worth and ready for a hill run with my normal group.  While I felt slow, it turned out the group was booking it at 30 sec./mi faster tan their normally quick pace.  The leg is really tight now and so Friday is a day off with just 40 minutes of water running.  The big test is today, Saturday with a 20 mile run.  Chicago is just a month away.  Phase IV, coordination, starts tomorrow and the 15K is Monday. It’s time to stay healthy and fine tune.  Whatever speed I have for Chicago, I have today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home