Friday, October 26, 2007

Fort Worth Marathon

Well, I certainly did not expect it to happen this year, but it appears the Fort Worth Marathon is moving forward. With just over 2 week to go, no website, a very important key sponsor, and a prayer, this deal is in the works. How about a lottery for $1,000 going to one of the up to just 500 finishers?

So, I guess the Dallas Half becomes my last training run. If you are interested in this outrageously unlikely event, email me at kuhnen@earthlink.net or give me a call at 817-658-7698. Look for the website to be live in 2 days at http://www.fortworthmarathon.com/. Special thanks goes out to Bimbo Bakeries and the wonderful folks at Mrs. Baird’s Bread who are making this possible. With their help and a number of runners, running programs in numerous grammar schools will be started in the quest to end juvenile diabetes and push for better health among children in Fort Worth. Come run with us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home